2/19/16

reflections

This semester is going by so quickly and it is beginning to sink in that this is my last semester in college. Where has the time gone?!

As I reflect on the last four years it feels like it has been a million years long and only a day has gone by all at once. I never would have imagined all that the Lord has done in the last four years. I began in the mountains of Virginia and winded up in the mountains of North Carolina. I started as a Women's Ministries major and then changed (and changed again, and then changed again) to Communication. I began college so unsure and doubtful, striving for a faith I couldn't muster up and then the Lord gave me the truth of the gospel my sophomore year.

In some ways I have changed so much and feel like a completely different person than that girl making the drive to Lynchburg with a nervous heart and eager eyes. In other ways I am ashamed of how little I have grown, how much sin I still battle, how unsure I still am.

But this life is not a sprint, it's a marathon. And for me it often is a marathon where I end up getting lost and starting at the beginning all over again.

While I journey onward wrapping up this last semester of school and beginning a new adventure I hold fast to one thing: the Lord's faithfulness.

The Lord has never left me. He is faithful to continue the work he began. How often throughout the years I have asked God what in the world he could be doing in my life. Hindsight is 20/20 as I look and see how all the pieces now fit all, all the pain now makes sense, all the trials strengthened me.

No comments:

Post a Comment