5/22/15

see ya carolina



Been awhile since I've been on here. My last days in Carolina were spent basking in the fresh spring air, breaking for sunsets, and drinking lots and lots of coffee (but hey, what's new?).




What's new? I AM DONE WITH JUNIOR YEAR OF COLLEGE!

Whew, college is coming to a close and it's bittersweet. I am so thankful for the friends I have made, for the many days spent in an eno, the many days watching Walking Dead while it's a blizzard outside, the many days putting off schoolwork because it's sunny outside and is YOLO still a thing?




After a real hard winter I am thankful to see how many people stood beside me and fought for stability in my life, praying for me. I am thankful for a God who works and is sovereign and loves me. I am thankful for grace that rids me of shame. I am thankful for a large bag of sour gummy worms you can buy for 2 bucks. I am thankful for waking up to sunshine. I am thankful for HEAT.

This past semester I learned quite a bit about myself. The main thing? I prefer being outside to reading a book any day. Also I could never, ever, ever be an English major (my bright idea to switch from Comm to English last a whopping month) or a full time writer or any job where I am by myself the whole day.




Spring time in Boone is probably the best thing on the planet. And everyone in the town thinks so. You really don't know how many people live in Boone until the sun starts poking out and the snow starts melting. Suddenly everyone comes out of hibernation and it is oh so wonderful (and oh so hairy... it's a bunch of hippies, ya know).




Before I made my way to the middle of nowhere (aka North Dakota) I went further west to another mountain that my sister lives on. It was a quick trip of playing Nertz late into the night and lighting sparklers.





 See ya in August, Carolina.