10/10/13

the happier you are



The less you care, the happier you are.”  -Psychology Fact

Norway is statistically the happiest country on the planet. I have read that a large part is due to the fact that Norwegians do not look at life with a list of all they must do before they die. There is less urgency to find a career, get married, have kids and be successful. 

In my small part of the world, I find it very difficult to not place expectations on myself. Expectations of when I should graduate, what sort of job I should have when I graduate, when I should be married, when I should start having kids, how many kids I should have, what sort of friends I should have, how many friends I should have 9and the list goes on and on and on) are given to me by myself and those around me.

But what if I approached life from a different angle? What if I came without a list of expectations and instead came with open hands, ready to accept whatever was handed to me? Ready to live the life I have been given?

As the Avett Brothers so perfectly put it: "If I live the life I'm given, I won't be scared to die." 


image: source