9/11/12

reflections



I have been learning a lot this past month. And, already, I find myself on the verge of making some decisions. Some are huge and scary and life-altering. Others, can be so as well, but just in a smaller, not-so-intimidating way. Like deciding how to spend my time, who to spend it with and so on and so forth.

And to be honest, I can start feeling a bit overwhelmed. But then I remember to not get too caught up in what will be, and just live in what is.

And so, that is what I am doing.

I am reading inspiring books, writing children's stories and learning as much as will go inside my brain as possible.

I am eating good food, having picnics alone outside and breathing in the crisp, fall air.

I am listening to God's voice in the Bible, quiet moments, good films, Ben Howard's music, stranger's conversations, chaos and art.

I am staying connected to the important people in my life who support me through the good and the bad.

I am celebrating victories and thanking God in the midst of defeats.

I am taking long walks, talking to old people, swinging on porch swings (see picture above) and simply being.

I am drinking coffee... a lot of coffee. But I am also finding a love for hot tea.

I am trying new things, getting out of my comfort zone and remembering to go outside, dance, laugh until my stomach hurts and always do what I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment