8/10/12

finding home.



oh glorious One who made life, who birthed desire for beauty, love and affection:

thank you.

I know that in the midst of scary change, heart-breaking rejection, annoying chaos and heart-wrenching tragedy it's easy to resent you and the desires you implanted in our souls.

it's easy to loathe our nature---our need to be held, nurtured and affirmed. for it makes us vulnerable.

but I thank you for our vulnerable hearts.  

for it's when we hold back our tears, love, money, gifts, encouraging words and flexibility that we die. we stop living as we were made to.

but it's when we let the tears come, our hearts love, our clenched fists open up and surrender our need to control that we live. it's in that living that we become fully alive. we become dangerous to the evil one because we know this: our home is not here. we were made for more. we were created for all our desires to be fulfilled. and they will be. and they will be completely, utterly, and eternally fulfilled when we our home in our Maker's arms.

as for now, we most live in that hope. we must live fully growing that longing for our true home.

and in those moments, we find ourselves ever closer to our glorious One.


“Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going.”

john 14:1-3


image