5/3/12

Dear Tara.

(SEEING AS I AM GRADUATING SOON I AM GOING TO BE WRITING A SERIES OF SOME LETTERS TO SOME PRETTY SIGNIFICANT PEOPLE IN MY LIFE. MOST OF THESE WILL BE FAMILY MEMBERS SO IF YOU DON'T GET A LETTER, DO NOT FREAK OUT. I STILL LOVE. A LOT.)





Dear Tara,

Oh gosh. Where do I begin? I'm already bawling at just the second sentence into this because I know, in a few short months, everything is going to change.

You are, have always been, and will always be my very best friend.

I remember us growing up together... camping, having water fights, and getting so mad at each other I was sure one of us was going to kill the other but, unlike most siblings, our fights have always been minimal (except that one time you bit me on the shoulder... I didn't talk to you for a good week).

We've always been able to tell each other everything. We've spent the wee hours of the night whispering to each other as we both are trying to keep our eyes open; telling secrets and admitting things we never would share with anyone else.

We have laughed over stupid things, cryed over Mr. Feeney leaving on Boy Meets World, and spent hours making short films.

In fact, that's something really cool about you. You have got a real gift for film, Tara. I sit there and watch you and am bored in 2 minutes into it but you can stay there for hours and go into this world where you make everything flow and it's perfect. Don't let anyone talk you out of pursuing that dream, if that's where God leads you.

Here are some extra special things I really adore about you:

You're fearless.

You are strong. You know what you want and you won't take no for an answer.

At the same time, you are humble. You don't think you're all that and that makes you gorgeous, hilarious, and downright fun to be around.

You are awkward.... incredibly awkward. ;)

You ALWAYS stick up for me, your loved ones, and the people who don't have others to stick up for them.

Your sarcasm (yes, I like that too). You are complete opposite of me on this, but we balance each other really well.

Tara, I think about leaving you and something deep inside me screams, "DON'T!" I know that our relationship will just grow stronger through the years but here's the thing: I love the relationship we have now.

I love the drive we take to school every morning: you pretend to read and turn the music up real loud to tune out my voice. Then, we hit the part where the trees seem to encompass us and every time we say, "I love this part... I'm gonna hate it when we don't drive it anymore." I love how, no matter how late we are running into the school, we wait on each other. I love how we rap in the car together. I love how we watch loads of movies and shows together. I love how I talk through all of them and you get mad at me for that. I love how we have started doing KidSummit together. I love how we have never said the words "I hate you" to each other. I love how we dream together. I love how we are in yearbook together. I love how we complain about yearbook together. I love how we have the same friendships. I love how you don't just fling compliments left and right because that means when I do get one from you, you really mean it.

Tara, we've spent basically all our life together. In some ways, we have been more twins than simply sisters. My heart hurts to think of the goodbyes we will be having to say soon, but is excited to see what new adventures we will find together from it.

One more thing: you have two more years. Don't waste them. Don't spend them with people who drag you down, start drama, and are just plain no fun. Don't let anyone tell you you are ugly or not worth it. Don't get involved with a guy who doesn't put you first and who doesn't make your feelings a priority. But here is what to do: dance... all the time. Especially at prom because it is super awkward and you'll have no fun if you don't. Challenge yourself in class (because you are a smart cookie). And love God and people as much as your heart can handle it.

I see great things in your future (okay, now I am sounding like some fortune teller). You are incredible, beautiful, and the funniest person I know. I love you so very much.

Your Sister Always,
Savannah