12/5/11

I Love Your Presence

What would our life be like if we felt God's presence in everything we did?

I mean, God tells us that since He is all mighty, can do anything, and rules over everything and everyone we have no reason to fear men. So, if we knew that truth---If that truth saturated us deep down and it became a part of us---how would we change the way we live?

What if knew the truth that God deserves all the glory? All of it. Would we still get mad when we weren't recognized in the local church, by our family, or friends? Would our prayers be full of "God, please give me this! Please make me like this! Give me, give me, give me!" or "God. You are all. You created everyone and everything. You are not a weak God. You are full of power."

What if we knew that God truly does care for us? What if we let that truth sink in. Would our worries lessen, our load diminish, and our anxiety dissapear?

What if we let the truth come alive in our hearts that when we're at the end our rope, when we feel like we can't go on, we know beyond a shadow of a doubt that we. are. blessed. We are in a position---a beautiful position---that allows us to make less of ourselves and more of our Maker? (Matthew 5)

What if let His presence encompass us? How would our actions, our thoughts, our words, our lives transform?

"I'm striding in the presence of God, alive in the land of the living!" Psalm 116:9

"You hide them safley away from the opposition. As you slam the door on those oily, mocking faces, you silence the poisonous gossip." Psalm 31:20

"'Yes. I'll stay with You, I'll protect you wherever you go, and... I'll stick with you until I've done everything I promised you.' Jacob woke up from his sleep. He said, 'God is in this place--truly. And I didn't even know it...' He whispered in awe, 'Incrediable. Wonderful. Holy. This is God's House. This is the Gate of Heaven.'" -Genisis 28:15-17