11/28/11

Praise in necessary

Exalt God. He is worthy. He is more than worthy. Praise is a declaration of the glimpse you have received of God and His majesticness.

Praise is necessary. Praise is vital to having a relationship with God. Praise is talking to God. Praise is telling God that it's not about me and my issues, but You and Your redemption. Praise is acknowledging that you don't have it all together. In fact, without God you are quite confused and messed up. But in God's presence you are free. You find truth. You find answers. You are saved.

Praise should not be inhibited. It should not be a stiff routine. There should not be a lack of air in the room but an outpouring of laughter, dance, and song---even if it's just in your heart.

Because praise is meant to be beautiful. Praise is meant to reflect your Maker.

Knowing that are you praising as God demands? For God says:
So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life-your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life-and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him.
Are you someone who represents this scripture? Or are you someone who is held down by thoughts of the devil. The ones saying that you are too cool for this, you look stupid, or--even--you are too good for God?

I don't want to be held down any longer. I want the chains to be set free. I want to be able to jump into spontaneous worship at any point during my day. Whether it's in the car, washing the dishes, or on stage.

So shout, jump, clap, do whatever is necessary. In God's presence you are not considered a fool. In God's eyes any form of worship is beautiful.

For in praising God we become more beautiful because we are saying, "I surrender. Now give me all of You. I want to take on Your divine nature."