7/2/11

You make beautiful things.


Last night, or actually at one this morning, I arrived home from a BigStuf conference in Panama City Beach, Florida. It was awesome. The speakers, the worship, the beach, the atmosphere, everything was great.

But as I listened to one of the speakers I was convicted. He said that we as people prefer misery to mystery, simply because of our fear of the unknown.

He went on to give examples of how we will settle in a relationship just because we don't want to be alone.
We will settle for a life all about us instead of giving Christ the throne of our heart. On and on the examples went and on and on the tears began to flow. 

As much as I love changing things up, I am now in the process of changing and, because of this change from within and in my external life, I am doing something that scares me. 'What ifs' are flying through my head constantly. But I cling to this: I may not know where I am going, but I know the God I am following.

It's SO easy to settle and get comfy with something that is not healthy for you, that's not God's will, or that just plain isn't any fun simply because we don't want to surrender or not know where our next step is leading us. Yes, shaking things up and closing your ears to the lies that you have to know where you are going and opening our eyes to the great big God we serve is not always easy. It takes courage. It takes faith. It takes guts. But it is so worth it.

God works in mysterious ways. That's just the way He rolls. It keeps us on our toes and it keeps us leaning on Him. And if we say at church that our "God is greater, our God is stronger. God you are Higher than any other" and if we sing, "You are everything, be my everything" then why don't we just live that out? 

Are you living that out? Are surrendering the comfortable misery and taking up the glorious mystery? Don't you know that when you do God will live make beautiful things and He will make you new?



P.S.
AWESOME WEDDING PICTURE.